Skip to main content

Is this right for me? I still don't know.

I really appreciated the readings this week. They have directly addressed my primary concern with operating my own means of business and income, that of time away from home. I also appreciate how honestly that subject is dealt with. As I've learned about all the things we've been studying I have discerned that there is a type of personality that is actually driven more to work more and more and more chasing their dreams of success that often become entrepreneurs, and often quite successful ones. I think these are natural businessmen and businesswomen. Unlike me, they have to be reminded and cautioned about not putting in too much work. They must be reminded that there are more concerns than business success. It's clear from the way each of these authors/speakers address their audience that there are assumptions about personality that simply don't match me. I'm an oddity in this pond. Again, I am left with questions about whether this path is really for me, but when I think of taking another route, I'm left blank! I don't know another path to the wealth I seek so that I may have the flexibility of time that I so crave. Really, this feels pretty stuck. I can't seem to find a path to where I want to be that doesn't take me through an area of indeterminate length that is basically the exact antithesis of the goal. I know it sounds terrible, and I'm honestly not trying to be lazy, but isn't there some way to gain modest wealth through reasonable levels of work? It doesn't seem that a working career really provides that well, but entrepreneurship seems to be a much greater level of commitment than I'm really looking for. Again, sounding lazy. It's not that I don't want to work, I just don't want to miss out on what's most important to me, my family.

Comments