Skip to main content

Week 9 - Leadership

Leadership.

Something I'm not super good at I'm afraid. At least, not naturally. I usually inspire some praise and even occasional admiration, but I would be surprised to find someone call me a natural leader. I tend to be too odd to inspire others to follow me, or perhaps just too difficult, haha. I don't mean to be, honestly! I'm just not great at communicating with groups of people. I'm fine one on one, with the right personality mix. I still don't know all the reasons for this and it's an ongoing project.
I'm trying to learn to lead others to think as I do through Socratic teaching, but it's hard to remember to do when you're in the moment and excitedly trying to teach something. The listening that was talked about several times in this lesson is a real kicker for me. I get so excited by some thought or idea during a conversation that I have a hard time staying on track and not interrupting. I've been that way since I was a kid.
A lot of these things are the very reasons that I think would make a better Wozniak than a Jobs. I can lead in technical things by force of ability, but it's probably better that I leave the people-work to someone more talented with that.

Comments