Skip to main content

Pondering the possibilities

This week has been one of introspection and questioning. I like what I'm reading and learning, but it makes me question if I'm really cut out for this. My wife isn't really on board with starting a business due to the risks involved. She watched her Dad get taken by a D grade banker so badly that it destroyed his business, so it's understandable that she'd fear attempting the same in our lives.
Still, I feel such a call to escape the rat race, to serve real needs instead of the demands of the Man, and to try my hand at shaping my own destiny. Again with the romance of the thing.
I've been reading some other materials in addition the the class readings on what it takes to make it, and they all talk about hard work and long hours. I could do that, so long as there was some light at the end of the tunnel, the point its time freedom here remember. If I have to work so much harder, then what's the point? It doesn't get me where I'm trying to go.
I think I'll do some more reading on folks who've managed to start something up while still working a regular job. I think that's the pathway I'd have to go.

Comments